Currently ive been seeing people post 20 facts about themselves on instragram. It never really made sense to me why on instargram. Which upto now still doesnt really make sense to me. Truth be told most of those people, their followers dont really care. I however began to think if my readers would be interested in knowing a few facts about me. And there it hit me.
Today you will get to me know me from a different perspective. You will get a slight glimpse of my world and what makes me, well... me.
1. My full name is Debora Mwikali Mbaluka. You all definitely know that but what you dont know is that i dont really like my first name, despite the fact that its a name of a great prophet of the bible. However, i have lately began to embrace it.
2. I was born in a small town called Thika in Kenya. Yes, i am a small town girl. We however moved to the big city when I was 12.
3. Ever since i was a small i always wanted to be this sophisticated, fierce, stylish, woman. A woman who has all going on for her. The money, cars and a house on a hill is all i ever wanted for myself. I know it will come true. You watch that space.
4. I believe in falling in love with someone's personality more than looks. One we will grow old and we won't look as we did while in our 20s but our personality will always remain the same, because that's what makes us, us.
5. I am a hopeless romantic. Romantic comedies just take me to a place of unrealistic hopes. They make me visualize my life as a fairy tale. I'll probably have a happily ever after one day.
6. I easily get attached to people and it always breaks my heart to let go and move on.
7. I am in love with shoes. I'm slowly becoming an addict. I normally tell my family when i become rich, ill have a closet full of designer shoes, from Christain Louboutins, Jimmy Choo's,Givenchy, Manolo Blahnik, the list is too long.
8. Im also a lover of fashion. Sophistication and class is all I'm about. To add onto my designer shoe closet will be a closet of the best designed dresses and latest trends.
9. I am OCD about orderliness and neatness. Something i think i got from dad. I constantly fight with my sister about this, because she doesnt get it.
10. My favourite color is turquoise, however i have a liking for bright colors. Many of my friends attribute it to the kamba in me. I dont blame them because that could be true.
11. I love eggs; scrambled, fried, however you make it. I could eat them on a daily basis.
12. I am very choosy when it comes to food. I eat what my brain tells me to eat. However, i get bored really easily with monotony of food.
13. I make the world's best pancakes. I could give IHOP a run for their money.
14. I have always been intrigued by how the brain works. Its just amazing how the brains works the way it does. How we think the way we think. Why we react to things the way we do is just amazing.
15. I am hoarder. I like to keep irrelevant things with an excuse that one il get to use them later on.
16. The smallest things are the ones that mean the world to me. Big gestures are cute but I think simplicity goes a long way.
17. I love a man in a good suit. You could not be the best good looking man but if you can make a good suit look even better, you already have a highway to my heart.
18. I like to believe that I am a person who once they put their mind onto something, I don't back down from it no matter what. I might put it on hold but that doesn't mean I'm done with it.
19. My motto in life is to live life like there is no any other day. We have been given this gift of life and for some it was taken away when they were so young. So savour the moment and do everything to your level best.
20. I don't wish to live a mediocre life. I believe mediocrity is for the weak. Why live an average life when you could be more than average.
I never thought it would be so difficult to come up with facts about oneself. I think i did a good job . And there ladies and gentlemen it's a wrap.